Summary of Job Duties:
A full-time physician is sought for Community LIFE, a Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) in the Pittsburgh region. The Geriatrician is responsible for managing the medical conditions of its frail, elderly members, and oversight of their use of medical specialists and inpatient care. The physician is also a member of an Interdisciplinary Team (IDT), including registered nurse, social worker, registered dietician, physical and occupational therapists, recreation therapist, and personal care aides and other staff members. The IDT continually assesses each patient, then develops and provides a comprehensive (social, medical, spiritual) plan of care. The position requires an individual with a demonstrable grasp of preventive and palliative care, who can confidently lead and explain medical decision-making, while being a fair and helpful member of a larger group addressing a patient’s problems in a holistic manner.
- MD Degree from an accredited university
- Pennsylvania Licensure and DEA registration.
- Board Certified in Geriatric, Internal or Family Medicine
- Certificate of added qualification in Geriatric Medicine or extensive experience in the care of a chronically ill, frail, elderly population.
- Minimum of one year of experience with a frail, elderly population, two-three years as a working physician total. Experience with an interdisciplinary team approach and in managed care settings preferred.
- Assessment of geriatric patients
- Knowledgeable of the physical, mental, and social needs of frail, older adults
- Ability to communicate effectively, respectfully, and compassionately with the participant, family members, and the Interdisciplinary Team
- Positive Team behaviors – active listening, respect, responsibility, cooperation
- Professional documentation skills in keeping with standards of practice
- Experience with electronic medical records or at least use of Windows and typing helpful to completion of medical record documentation
Apply for this Position Share this Position