RN Case Manager
Location: East End (15221)
Department: Nursing (LPN/RN/CRNP)
Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:30a-4:00p
Summary of Job Duties:
Community LIFE is recruiting an experienced RN who is interested in a non-traditional philosophy of healthcare. If you have a background in home care or hospice and you have a passion for managing geriatric care-planning in a team environment, this might be the perfect fit for you.
Our RN Case Managers work Monday-Friday 7:30-4pm. Each RNCM works on call approximately 1 week per month (or less) which primarily involves phone triage. This position involves approximately 60-75% of the time out of the office, seeing patients for in-home assessments. The remainder of the day is spent visiting patients in our day center medical clinic, attending interdisciplinary meetings, intake & assessment care-planning meetings, and office time for documentation.
Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing school.
Registered Nurse in PA, Valid PA Driver's License.
At least one year of experience as a Registered Nurse working with a frail elderly population preferably in long term care, home health care or community health. Experience teaching patients and other health care workers preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current nursing practice and theory
- Knowledge of the medical, social, and emotional needs of a frail, elderly population
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills; ability to manage multiple priorities
- Must be able to work independently and to utilize critical decision making skills
- Working knowledge of utilization review, quality assurance and managed health care concepts
- Ability to delegate responsibility as well as accept supervision in an appropriate manner
- Ability to work with the interdisciplinary team approach to care for the elderly
- Working knowledge of local health care and geriatric service networks
- Basic working knowledge of Windows operating systems, e-mail, word processing
Apply for this Position Share this Position